Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Start to Complain When There's No RAIN







Another one of my children has come down with the dreaded cold. We thought we'd have a great night's sleep last night because Mom had the little ones. Our eldest coughed and sniffled all night, poor guy. He's going to have to rally and finish his bio poem, bibliography and illustration of Frankline Pierce. aaaaaaahhhhhh. Last night, we didn't have any red meat. I made fish sticks, homemade tartar sauce, natural rice with grilled vegies & long grain, brocolli & madagascar vanilla ice cream with choc sauce for dessert. Yum! I'm getting ready to do my menu plan, and it will hopefully involve no red meat or pork! That's the goal! My man loves some hog next to his eggies on his day off, and the kids do too. My kids are each picky about different things, but pancakes with sausage or bacon they all devour. So, sometimes I do turkey bacon, which the man hates, and I don't like that it has nitrites in it!
On the plastic news front, I'm hearing things like when you let your plastic water bottle get hot, it leaches chemicals into your drinking water. Lord knows I used to try to save money and refill them, not knowing that it was leaching chemicals into my drinking water. Another reason to ditch that plastic water bottle habit! I'm thinking of giving SIGG bottles to my kids for Valentines' Day! We had a lovely, stormy couple of days. I actually get sad to see the sun peak out! My plants are loving the rain! This week, we're on storm watch again! Today seems like a great day to get a few layouts accomplished. The kids really enjoy the scrapbooks that I've made for them. I also owe layouts to several members of my family. Today, I am trying to organize my pictures. Ali Edwards, where are you when I need you. Hopefully, having that baby soon and then gimme some girl baby layout love! I just adore her website, she is the Elvis of scrapbooking, I hang on her every word. Her baby's nursery is YUMMY! On the TV front, I cannot wait for the return of the New York Housewives, those biyatches are crazy, and I am beyond obsessed with New York! I have been unofficially doing some "green" internet challenges, even if they have ended. I love trying to eat less meat. RobJ of Rob's World fame had a good one about repairing the things you have. I love this. On my list: my beautiful quilt that Aunt Laurie made me when I was young, a ripped pair of pjs, and a strap on a handed down dress for Lottie. I like to channel Caroline Ingalls, who would fix Pa's holey socks at night, lol. RAWK ON, KIDS ***************

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer I had no idea you're into New York! Maybe someday far, far, far, into the future, when our babies are older, we could go! Wouldn't that be a blast? Mmmmmm...dreaming...someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be a part of it, New York, New York! Maybe when all of our kids can tie his/her shoes then we can go to New York with Christie! That would RULE! I have been there three times. My Aunt Charlotte took me twice, and I went with my drama class once. Love it, it's such a different world than the 'burbs!!

    ReplyDelete