Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Can't Stop Loving You


This layout is of my Grandpa, who died in August. I miss him! When my grandparents would fight, my Gram would run to the piano and plunk out "I Can't Stop Loving You" by Ray Charles. Two weeks before Grandpa died, they got into a huge fight, and Gramps "left" her. He was back in 20 minutes, with a six pack of beer. My Grandmother just gave me a huge packet of stuff simply marked "Jennifer". I loved looking at everything she saved, I thought I was going to be the next Picasso. Heck, I drew better then than I do now! One picture that I drew was of my Grandpa watching Oral Roberts. He loved to watch golf and televangelist. Here's a splash of beer to you, Gramps. Hope you and your buddy Willy are having a beer in Heavan.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so sweet. So great that you're documenting those memories. What better way to evoke those with some great lyrics. Love ya! KP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many wonderful old photos to scrap. Wish I could scrap with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's scrap old photos again SOON! I love this layout Jen....and all of the great memories that go along with it! :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete